CCA's Premier, Executive and Business Advocacy level members participate in hands-on advocacy in a wide range of policy committees. We work with city officials and their staff, community partners and other DTLA stakeholders to shape policies that enhance DTLA's vibrancy and increase investment in the region.
Economic Development & Livability
CCA has transformed the city's core into a thriving business and residential community. As this community grows and expands, so do its needs. This committee:
- Leverages the power of CCA's broad membership to provide legislative advocacy to build a vibrant Downtown.
- Outlines quantitative and qualitative goals for Downtown in terms of economic development, tourism, open space, education and childcare, transportation, and public safety.
- Meets with elected and appointed officials, key department head and strategic personnel at the city, county and state levels to analyze public policy that will impact economic development and make our community more livable.
Executive Director of External Affairs, Verizon
Senior Vice President, Wells Fargo
Executive Director, Ketchum-Downtown YMCA
CCA is working to identify and implement practical policies that will reduce homelessness across the Los Angeles region. This committee consists of Downtown leaders including homeless service providers and is focused on providing housing for homeless individuals. This committee:
- Recognizes homelessness is a regional issue and develops comprehensive strategies.
- Promotes an open dialogue for constructive policy solutions among diverse stakeholders -- elected officials, business, law enforcement and social service providers -- on a critical area of common interest and concern.
President & CEO, Midnight Mission
Partner, Alston & Bird
Chief Community Officer, Skid Row Housing Trust
Housing, Land Use & Development Committee
CCA is the leading advocate on issues of land use, development, and housing. Comprised of our city's most influential real estate leaders, this committee regularly leads on issues that impact real estate investment in Los Angeles. This committee:
- Advises on matters such as development reform and changes to the zoning code and building codes.
- Advocates for local and state legislation that promotes housing production and new investment.
- Issues policy papers tackling complex real estate-related issues such as Los Angeles' affordable housing crisis, development reform, industrial land use and condominium conversions.
Partner, Akerman LLP
Partner, Holland & Knight
Director of Development, JADE Enterprises
With campaign officials and candidates well aware of the influence and impact CCA’s members have in local, county and state elections, they actively seek endorsements from this committee. Our members help recruit business-friendly candidates and serve as the clearinghouse for researching and reviewing candidates and issues to determine which ones deserve the business community’s support and will earn the CCA’s endorsement and contributions.
Here is a summary the committee’s activities:
Senior Vice President, Paramount Pictures
Partner, Mayer Brown
Vice President of Development, Hudson Pacific Properties