These job and volunteer listings are submitted by CCA members. To post a job on this board, log in to the Member Portal.
DIRECTOR OF EVENTS
Through advocacy, influence and engagement, Central City Association (CCA) enhances Downtown's vibrancy and increases investment in the region. Since our founding in 1924, we have produced meaningful results for our members, Downtown and the greater Los Angeles region. We represent the interests of 400 businesses, trade associations and nonprofits that together employ more than 350,000 people in the County. We are one of the most effective conveners for the community and help to bridge the private sector with the public sector. We provide a high-level of service to our membership, which includes policy advocacy, access to thought-leaders, networking at CCA events, support at public hearings, as well as branding and marketing opportunities.
Our workplace culture is important to us. Candidates should be willing to operate in line with our principles, which include a commitment to:
• CCA’s mission of creating a vibrant, welcoming and sustainable Downtown
• Accountability, reliability, transparency and integrity
• Respect and openness for differing opinions, ways of thinking and feedback
• Innovation, collaboration and adaptability to new circumstances and direction
• Continued growth and a sense of well-being for yourself and for colleagues
• Building & nurturing relationships and creating opportunities with a variety of people
TITLE: Manager of Events
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Strategic Relations
The Manager of Events (ME) is responsible for the development and implementation of events that advance CCA as the leading advocacy organization in the region and bring together CCA’s 400 member organizations. The ME produces 20-30 events each year, convening thousands of thought leaders across the LA region in a variety of formats. Events include monthly luncheons for 80 guests, panel discussion and showcase events for 200 guests, a food tasting summer soiree for 500 guests, a holiday party for 600 guests, and CCA’s annual fundraiser, Treasures of Los Angeles, for 1,000 guests. He/she will play a key role in contributing to the organization’s annual fundraising goal.
GOALS AND DUTIES
- Produce high-quality informational, networking and fundraising events that advance CCA’s brand, membership engagement and cultivation
- Work closely with the Strategic Relations, Public Policy and Public Affairs teams to execute thoughtful, engaging programming that provides value to the CCA membership
- With the Strategic Relations team, help determine and disseminate information about sponsorship packages, as well as support efforts to secure sponsorships, solicit underwriters, and sell tickets
- With appropriate supports, determine the creative direction of all events with décor, furniture rentals, audio/visual, etc.
- Develop content and give creative direction to graphic designer for event collateral materials
- Recruit and coordinate event staff for onsite assistance
- Coordinate with CCA’s lawyers to confirm compliance regarding government officials/employee participation in events
- Coordinate with Office Coordinator for event e-blasts, website copy and event administration
- Coordinate with guest speakers and exhibitors
- Recruit restaurants, breweries and bars for CCA’s annual tasting event
- Develop relationships with DTLA venues and vendors
- Collaborate with the Strategic Relations team to deepen relationships with members and prospects via events
- Assist in the negotiation with venues and vendors (occasionally members) to secure competitive rates
- Develop and maintain budgets, coordinate with our accountant as needed, and prepare analysis and financial reporting for the CCA Board of Directors
- Utilize Accrisoft, CCA’s membership CRM, to keep track of event guests and financials
- Understand and internalize CCA’s mission, policy priorities and membership base in a way that underpins the organization’s approach to events
- 3+ years of experience producing large-scale events
- Demonstrated track record of success; experience in fundraising events is preferred
- A creative design eye with proficiency in InDesign and Photoshop
- Effective utilization of existing vendor contacts and/or ability to research, identify and maintain strategic relationships with vendor contacts
- Proven strong negotiating skills
- Excellent relationship management, diplomacy, good judgement and interpersonal skills
- Professionalism and the ability to liaise with VIPs and elected officials
- Have a positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Outstanding work organization and time management skills to meet internal and external deadlines
- Drive for excellence, detail-oriented and creative problem-solver
- Experience in a CRM such as Accrisoft or Raiser’s Edge
- Familiarity with Excel to utilize formulas, etc. for budget maintenance
- Passionate about Downtown LA and the role of civic engagement to better the LA region
Commensurate with experience
CCA offers its employees a generous benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, a flexible work environment, and a retirement savings program.
The Manager of Events is a full-time, salaried position. Must be willing to work evenings and be available as needed.
Please email cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com.
You can also apply on LinkedIn here.
The Social & Digital Media Content Manager works alongside the marketing department and with the Director of Sales & Marketing to assist in the planning, execution, logistics and overall strategy on all marketing platforms at OUE Skyspace (the client).
Along with assisting in the overall objectives of the marketing department, this position is responsible for creating and editing content on social media channels, website, mobile app and email marketing. The role requires someone who is self-motivated with a cutting-edge attitude and can balance several tasks, to help enhance our digital marketing platform outreach.
The position will be expected to assist in the planning & execution of special marketing events. Coordination between multiple departments (operations, event staffing, culinary, F&B, ownership) is integral. The ability to work with multi external agencies is key and must be successful on all levels of communication.
The role is responsible (not limited to) the following:
- This individual will partner with other Sales & Marketing employees to plan and executive a robust marketing calendar
- Ensuring all social content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video, print, etc.
- Executing channel specific social content to compliment all campaigns and content series
- Mapping out a social content strategy in collaboration that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term
- Manage and define a social calendar using social data and analytics to adapt social content strategy
- Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals
- Developing standards, systems and best practices for social content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies
- Establishing work flow and processes for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content
- Pitch, produce, and edit original short-form videos and related content that leverage the strengths and nuances of the various social channels
- Stay ahead of the curve on ever-changing digital content trends and best practices and innovate with new edit techniques and approaches to stay ahead of the ever-changing social media landscape
- Establish and maintain high-value relationships with internal and external employees & clients that improve business performance and profitability
- Identify and execute on key relationship-building opportunities that drive business objectives
- Provide well-researched recommendations based on industry and/or functional expertise and experience
- Monitor and analyze industry trends to identify competitive angles and business building opportunities relative to client needs
- Support the creative design process for various initiatives
- Write, edit and update content for social media platforms including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube, etc.
- Increase Facebook, Twitter and Instagram followers in a quality manner.
- Track and analyze social media performance.
- Skyspace email communication design, tracking and reporting.
- Day to day website CMS management
- Create and post exclusive content for the Skyspace mobile APP
- Write, edit and update content posted on the website
- Work with other departments to field website update requests and scheduled updates.
- Create promotional contests to accomplish marketing objectives.
- Identify and infiltrate new social networks in key market areas.
- Bachelor's degree in social media, marketing, communications, production, journalism, related communications field
- 3-5 years of complex marketing experience and executive level client facing experience
- Two years of experience working in social media creating compelling messages for different target demographics
- Expertise in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience
- Must possess the ability to think and act quickly, and manage to capitalize on the emotion of timely content as it arises
- Experience creating videos for digital platforms
- Strong understanding of motion graphics and producing and editing video for social media, especially vertical formats and ultra-short content
- Creative thinking skills with experience innovating that leads to engaging and playful visual storytelling
- Proficiency producing, styling and editing video and stills within Adobe Premiere and Photoshop
- Familiarity with motion graphic techniques
- Superior computer skills on all Windows Suite application, Adobe Suite, and on various web-based software programs (Accesso, Delivera, TripleSeat)
- Demonstrate ability to forge meaningful interpersonal relationships across functions and industries
- Excellent written, oral and listening communication skills
- Must demonstrate a strong creative desire and project management skillset
- Proven ability to drive tasks to completion with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to assume various roles in a highly collaborative, team environment
- Candidate may be required to provide specific examples of their work