ROW DTLA is a 1.8-million-square-foot redevelopment of the La Terminal Market in the Industrial District of DTLA. It is a dynamic commercial center with 35+ curated retailers, that has been developed by Atlas Capital Group.
As we prepare for the holidays, we want to remind everyone of the importance of shopping in our local community. Dollars spent at a local store not only directly help that business succeed, they also create a multiplier in the local economy. For every dollar spent at a local business, 45 cents are reinvested in the area. The money you spend in DTLA helps retain jobs, pave our streets, improve our transportation system and build community.
Small businesses make an especially important economic impact, with research showing that employment growth in DTLA is strongest in places that employ fewer than 25 people. And small, independent stores keep our community diverse and unique. This is why CCA created a Small Business Council this year to make sure this important sector is a part of our coalition and vision.
Not only is shopping locally good for our economy, shopping in DTLA is a fun and easy experience. We have a dense, vibrant community full of exciting amenities. While you’re shopping, you can grab a beer at 213 Ventures’ newest watering hole at Union Station or at Karl Strauss, have a snack at Barcito, play a game at Brack Shop Tavern, go on an eating tour at Grand Central Market, or take a photo at The Broad -- one of LA’s most Instagrammable spots. The best part is that you don’t need to deal with the stress of a car to get from place to place.
We encourage you to get to know the neighborhood in which you work and live. By spending time in DTLA, you’ll meet the business owners who are dedicated to our mission of creating a vibrant DTLA that is welcoming to all.
We all know that when a local business thrives, the entire community benefits. Make sure to support our neighborhood! Here are a few fun gift ideas for this holiday season:
- Tickets to a concert or to see LeBron James in action at Staples Center
- Tickets for families to check out the dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum, a performance at the Music Center or a modern version of The Nutcracker by the American Contemporary Ballet at THE BLOC
- Dining experience at some of DTLA’s best restaurants: 71Above, Church and State, Officine Brera, Takami Sushi & Robata
- Adventure down the all-glass slide at OUE Skyspace at the US Bank Tower
- Unique products from the boutiques at THE ROW, like Japanese stationary from Hightide, a handmade coffee cup from Still Life Ceramics or sneakers from the hidden gem Bodega
- Artsy products from the gift shop at The Broad or Institute of Contemporary Art
- A staycation at one of our many hotels: The Biltmore, The Freehand, Hotel Figueroa, Hotel Indigo, JW Marriott at LA LIVE, LEVEL Furnished Living, Mayfair, The NoMad, Westin Bonaventure
- DTLA Book, a hip coffee table guidebook of DTLA, by District 8 Media
- A massage at Desuar spa to help someone get out all the knots built up from the year