The COVID-19 situation continues to change daily. The CCA team is closely monitoring public health announcements and local measures, and following the guidance of officials to ensure that CCA members are informed, safe and supported during this unprecedented time. Get the latest in LA here.
Yesterday, the CDC recommended that for the next 8 weeks, organizers cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States. We sent a note last week about cancelling events this week, and we will continue to inform you about upcoming meetings and events. We will be sending new dates for upcoming events and information on any virtual meetings. Please look out for our e-blasts, check our website and contact Nella McOsker with any questions. Thank you for your continued support as sponsors and participants of our events.
Support CCA Members
In this period of social distancing, closed restaurants and venues and cancelled events, our members are facing difficult circumstances. Click here to see a list of our members and consider helping them and the DTLA community during this time.
- Donate to our homeless social service providers and other amazing nonprofit members who were already in need but are now facing cancelled fundraising opportunities.
- Book a future staycation at one of our fantastic DTLA hotels.
- Purchase gift cards or order takeout from your favorite restaurants.
- Shop online at DTLA retail shops.
- Stay tuned for when games, performances, entertainment venues and museums will open up again.
- Donate to the City of LA Emergency Response to COVID-19 Fund or the COVID-19 LA County Response Fund.
If your organization has any promotions or news that you would like us to share, please contact Tina Oh.
Small Business Government Assistance
The US Small Business Administration announced it would work with state governors to offer disaster assistance loans for up to $2 million for small businesses affected by the coronavirus. These low-interest loans are available to businesses that have sustained "substantial economic injury" due to the spread of the coronavirus. Read more about this here and check the LA SBDC website here. We will track any other government assistance announcements. Please let Marie Rumsey know if you are interested in learning more or have any ideas for our advocacy efforts.
Los Angeles is a resilient city, and we know we can stay strong during these turbulent times. CCA is here for all of our members. Please reach out if there's anything we can do to support you and your organization.