The CCA team is closely monitoring the crisis and tracking any resources that our members can utilize and any opportunities to get involved.
Small Business Resources
- SBA Disaster Loan Assistance if your business has sustained "substantial economic injury" -- fact sheet here (Loans up to $2M)
- SBDC no-cost advising, workshops and low-cost training to help entrepreneurs respond to business disruption -- view their COVID-19 response guide.
- City of LA Emergency Microloan Program to obtain working capital with a specific emphasis on retention of low-income jobs (Loans range $5,000 - $20,000)
- California's Unemployment Insurance Work Sharing Program as an alternative to layoffs
- California iBank Disaster Relief Loan Guarantee Program loan guarantees and direct loans for businesses experiencing barriers to capital access (Loans up to $20M; Guarantees up to $1M)
- DTLA’s local America’s Job Center of California has resources and guidance if you’re closing or laying off employees
- AllBright Connect for free business courses and tools for keeping your business on track during this crisis.
- File for Disability Insurance if you are sick or quarantined with COVID-19
- Take Paid Family Leave if you are caring for an ill or quarantined family member and must miss work
- File for Unemployment Insurance if you experience a reduction in your hours
- Go to the LA Jobs Portal if you are unemployed or underemployed to find employment across all industries
How to Get Involved
The Midnight Mission graciously requests the following:
- Monetary donations
- Volunteers to package take-out meals -- TMM is currently only offering take-out meals to comply with social distancing requirements
- Donations of the following items: Disposable multi-compartment to-go food containers, disposable utensils, napkins, disposable lunch bags, single serving beverages, plastic wrap and zip lock bags
How to Help
- California Community Foundation Response Fund to support community needs in health, housing, education and immigration
- California Hospital Medical Center Pandemic Relief Fund - to support their response to COVID-19 and treatment of affected patients
- Chrysalis Relief Fund to invest in their services to continue helping employ Chrysalis clients
- LAPD Response Fund to provide officers with hygiene kits, infrared thermometers, meals etc
- Mayor's Crisis Fund to support emergency responses, families, small businesses, healthcare workers, emergency shelters etc
- Para Los Niños Response Fund to invest in the lives of over 6,000 children and their families to succeed
- Skid Row Housing Trust Response Fund and their Amazon wish list to supply residents with thermometers, soap, food and technology
- United Way Pandemic Relief Fund to support L.A. County’s unsheltered residents, low-income individuals, students and families
How to Get Help
- Dignity Health is offering a free virtual urgent care service for anyone experiencing mild to moderate symptoms of coronavirus across LA and San Bernardino counties. Visit the website, call (855) 356-8053 or download the Virtual Care Anywhere app in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store with coupon code COVID19.
Please let us know if your organization has any opportunities to which our members can contribute.