The CCA team is closely monitoring the crisis and tracking any resources that our members can utilize and any opportunities to get involved.
Resources for Business Owners Affected by COVID-19
- City of LA Emergency Microloan Program to obtain working capital with a specific emphasis on retention of low-income jobs (Loans range $5,000 - $20,000)
- California's Unemployment Insurance Work Sharing Program as an alternative to layoffs
- California iBank Disaster Relief Loan Guarantee Program loan guarantees and direct loans for businesses experiencing barriers to capital access (Loans up to $20M; Guarantees up to $1M)
- DTLA’s local America’s Job Center of California has resources and guidance if you’re closing or laying off employees
- Paycheck Protection Program update: the SBA is currently unable to accept new applications for the Paycheck Protection Program based on available appropriations funding
- SCORE, an SBA resource partner that provides call/video mentoring and other services to guide small business owners in identifying funding resources and helping with funding applications
- SBA Disaster Loan Assistance if your business has sustained "substantial economic injury" -- fact sheet here (Loans up to $2M)
- Armanino's COVID-19 State Relief Matrix for summarized and daily-updated opportunities on tax deferrals, local and private loan opportunities, eviction moratoriums, utility shutoffs and more
- LAEDC’s Community Connectory for a centralized directory of resources and direct support from LAEDC staff for small businesses and nonprofits
- USC Credit Union to apply for Payment Protection Program loans for local small businesses
Resources for Employees Affected by COVID-19
- OnwardCA to get California workers displaced by COVID-19 essential life services and back to work as quickly as possible
- File for Disability Insurance if you are sick or quarantined with COVID-19
- Take Paid Family Leave if you are caring for an ill or quarantined family member and must miss work
- File for Unemployment Insurance if you experience a reduction in your hours
- Go to the LA Jobs Portal if you are unemployed or underemployed to find employment across all industries
Webinars and Courses
- AllBright Connect for free business courses and tools for keeping your business on track during this crisis
- COVID-19 Small Business Forum Series for weekly webinars featuring the LA Chamber of Commerce, Wells Fargo and Dr. Lucy Jones to provide resources and insights specifically for small businesses, with Q&As as appropriate.
- SBDC no-cost advising, workshops and low-cost training to help entrepreneurs respond to business disruption -- view their COVID-19 response guide
Places to Contribute
- The Midnight Mission: Monetary donations | Volunteers to package take-out meals | Donations of the following items: Disposable multi-compartment to-go food containers, disposable utensils, napkins, disposable lunch bags, single serving beverages, plastic wrap and zip lock bags
- California Hospital Medical Center (CHMC): Personal protective equipment (PPE) and other critical items to combat the virus, provide care for patients and ensure the health and well-being of their front-line medical teams -- see their relief fund in the 'How to Help' section below.
Donate to a Fund
- California Community Foundation Response Fund to support community needs in health, housing, education and immigration -- you can also donate to CCF's Artist Relief Fund to aid Visual Artists affected by the pandemic.
- California Hospital Medical Center Pandemic Relief Fund to support their response to COVID-19 and treatment of affected patients
- Chrysalis Relief Fund to invest in their services to continue helping employ Chrysalis clients
- LAPD Response Fund to provide officers with hygiene kits, infrared thermometers, meals etc
- Mayor's Crisis Fund to support emergency responses, families, small businesses, healthcare workers, emergency shelters etc
- Para Los Niños Response Fund to invest in the lives of over 6,000 children and their families to succeed
- Pouring With Heart Staff Relief Funds to support staff members who are currently unemployed in the beverage industry
- Skid Row Housing Trust Response Fund and their Amazon wish list to supply residents with thermometers, soap, food and technology
- United Way Pandemic Relief Fund to support L.A. County’s unsheltered residents, low-income individuals, students and families
Medical and Family Support
- Dignity Health is offering a virtual urgent care service for anyone experiencing mild to moderate symptoms of coronavirus across LA and San Bernardino counties. Visit the website, call (855) 356-8053 or download the Virtual Care Anywhere app in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store with coupon code COVID19.
- Ketchum-Downtown YMCA is offering free day camps for children of essential workers, free showers and restrooms and providing free grab-and-go meals at six different locations.
- Playworks is offering a Play at Home Game Guide and virtual recesses that follow CDC recommendations so kids can experience play, physical activity and social emotional learning while at home.
Support for Customers and Workspaces
- AT&T will not terminate services due to inability to pay, will waive domestic wireless plan overage charges and will keep their public hotspots open -- details here and other special offers here. They're also offering two months of free service to new customers, easing eligibility requirements and waiving all home internet data overage fees -- details here.
- Verizon will not terminate services due to inability to pay and will waive a number of overage charges and activation fees. They're also adding additional data to several plans and offering free international calling to CDC level 3 countries, as well as unlimited domestic calling through April -- details here.
- CPM has highlighted ways they can help when returning to the workplace, from space programming, paths of travel, wayfinding signage and reconfigures for how office spaces will be used going forward. Find details on their work from home tools here.
- Sparks created a guide to help organizations adjust to the "new normal" and support workplaces safely prepare for employees to return -- see here. They also launched their online Back to Business storefront. Whether it's small orders or larger, more customized back to business solutions, they can assist businesses of all sizes.
Please let us know if your organization has any opportunities to which our members can contribute.