Stay up to speed on all things related to CCA and L.A. business
Jessica Lall Named among 5 New Leaders Downtown Will Be Watching in 2017
January 5, 2017 L.A. Downtown News
Jessica Lall, CCA's new President and CEO, was recently named among the 5 leaders Downtown will be watching. Replacing longtime CEO Carol Schatz, Jessica "will bring a new vision to one of Downtown's most important organizations."
Vote No on the Neighborhood Integrity Initiative
The Neighborhood Integrity Initiative is a housing ban that would indefinitely ban most new housing in Los Angeles, increasing rents, destroying jobs, and making the homeless problem even worse. Join CCA and the Coalition to Protect L.A. Neighborhoods & Jobs, a team of businesses, homeless advocates, renters, and homeowners to defeat this disastrous initiative.
CCA Announces New President and CEO
October 25, 2016
Citing her experience and collaborative approach in advocating for business, the Board of Directors of the Central City Association of Los Angeles voted unanimously to name Jessica Lall as the organization's new president and CEO, Board Chair Martha Saucedo announced today.
Downtown business advocacy group names new chief executive
October 25, 2016 L.A. Times
The Central City Association, an influential downtown business advocacy group, has named a new chief executive to replace long-time Carol Schatz, who recently retired. Taking the helm will be Jessica Lall, the executive director of a business in the South Park neighborhood, an area surrounding Staples Center that is awash in construction.
South Park BID Head Jessica Lall to Replace Carol Schatz Atop Central City Association
October 25, 2016 L.A. Downtown News
Jessica Lall has been the executive director of the South Park Business Improvement for nearly four years. In January, she will become the head of the powerhouse business group, the Central City Association.
- Towering development is proposed for L.A.'s Arts District: an 'opportunity for density'September 24, 2016 L.A. Times
- To Protect and to Feed, Annual Public Safety Barbecue Honors First RespondersSeptember 14, 2016 Downtown News
- Park Creation Fees to Rise for First Time in 30 YearsSeptember 9, 2016 Downtown News
- If L.A. OKs a $1.2 billion bond for homeless initiatives, the city will need to up its real estate gameJuly 7, 2016 L.A. Times
- Downtown L.A. traffic is getting worse - and to some, that's good newsJuly 1, 2016 L.A. Times
- Building at the center of downtown L.A.'s resurgence is getting a makeover. What's next?June 8, 2016 L.A. Times
- Business Groups Protest Plan to Hike City Park Creation FeesMay 20, 2016 Downtown News
- CCA's 22nd Annual Treasures of Los AngelesMay 12, 2016 Central City Association Press Release
- Sobering Center to Open on Skid RowMarch 30, 2016 Los Angeles Sentinel
- L.A. council OKs law limiting homeless people's belongings to what can fit in a trash binMarch 30, 2016 L.A. Times